Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Habits

Everyone wants to improve and do better. Sometimes we just need a little extra competition.... that's exactly what the Happy Habits competition is. A few of my awesome siblings got together and brainstormed some basic areas that they could improve that would contribute to overall success and happiness in life. Each one is worth a certain amount of points and there's incentives like Bonus points and extra points for having a perfect day (scored in each area).

Here's a list of the habits and points:

Exercise 25 min (can be doubled for 2 points)
6 servings of Fruits/vegs/beans/whole grains (not bread)
Scripture Study & S. Journal. Must start and end with prayer
Write in Journal
No Sweets
Less than an hour of screen entertainment*
Rotating Personal Goal:
**Awesomeness point** (do each item for the day 2 extra points)
Other bonus point (weekly total column)

I've been excited to find new ideas for workouts I can do indoors and with a baby. This was the Youtube video I found and did today to get my exercise point... ok, I really only did 70% of this but it was still the most intense workout. Check out this 20 minute workout (requires no equipment and easily done on the family room floor with an admiring baby nearby). I have to admit the best part was the looks Adam gave me while he watched me do these exercises. He looked so confused at times... I guess he'll get used to it. ;)


For the "rotating personal goal" I get to choose a new one each week. Last week I did "bed by 10pm weeknights." This week my personal goals is "post to the blog"... so that should explain my sudden burst of posts after not posting for over a year. 

One of my overall goals for the year is to better record current family history. I think this blog is one great way to do that. Some post are random but I hope that others provide a kind of journal for our family. 

The aspect that makes these goals exciting is the fact that several family members are working on the same thing and recording their progress.... and we're all trying to get the most points! Last week I did not do so great but I am recommitted this week. So far this week I have been perfect in getting all my "Happy Habits" points... Here's to a great week and a new year of improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment